Oscar Larios - Designer & UI Lead
I’m Òscar Larios, and I’ve been working as a designer for The Witcher: Ties of Destiny. I’m very interested in the UI and the UX in videogames, so when the project started I knew in which areas I wanted to work. As a designer during the early phases of the Project I mainly worked on the development of the Concept Discovery and the GDD, focusing on the UI areas such as the HUD design, menu workflow, enemy VS player interaction and feedback… After all this was done, I became a game programmer in charge of developing the players and boss HUD aswell as all the feedback of it. I’ve also been the UI Team Lead and I have been in charge of distributing and keeping an eye on the work done by the UI team members, making sure that the final product has a good consistency and the most highest posible quality.
- GDD: Developed the document with the rest of the Design Team.
- Geralt HUD: Designed and implemented Geralt HUD into the game. Thanks to RafelBrau for the awesome art!
- Jaskier HUD: Designed and implemented Jaskier HUD into the game. Thanks to RafelBrau for the awesome art!
- Kikimora HUD: Implemented the boss HUD into the game. Thanks to RafelBrau for the awesome art!
- Tutorial Cards: Designed the first iteration of the tutorial cards, and implemented them into the game as a mechanic to give feedback to the players.
- Character Selection Screen: Developed the selection screen.Thanks to RogerLeon for the awesome art!
- Quality Assurance:Participated in the playtesting sessions organized by Victor Chen.